The Directory is where you'll find the perfect venue, photographer, dress, suit and so much more for your wedding. Just mouse over the menu tab to see the full range of categories.
Every category is packed with beautiful high resolution images, videos, a detailed business description of what they offer and full contact details including social media links. Shortlist those you love to keep track of notes about them, and use the enquiry form to quickly fire out requests for quotes.
You'll find that your enquiry details will autofill so you can easily request more information from many different vendors with a minimum of effort.
Our Wedding Showcase is a beautifully curated showcase of real Auckland weddings, designed to inspire you as well as giving you a first-hand look at what various venues, photographers and other suppliers can do.
We update the Wedding Showcase quarterly with the city's most beautiful weddings. Every showcase features 50 - 80 gorgeous professionally shot photographs, as well as comprehensive details on every aspect of each wedding - How We Met, Our Wedding Style, The Dress, Hair & Makeup, The Ceremony, The Reception and Advice for Brides To Be.
At the bottom of each showcase, you'll find contact details for all Auckland Weddings vendors featured.
Our Wedding Blog features expert advice from Auckland wedding vendors, such as the best time to have your wedding photo shoot, how to pick your first dance song, tips for bridesmaids much more. All articles are written by Auckland wedding experts for Auckland brides.
We update the blog at least once a week with articles covering everything from budgeting tips, top 10 lists, promotion of upcoming wedding events, competitions and recent trends as well as tips and secrets from the best in the business.
Use the Shortlist to keep all your favourite vendors in one place, and to record all your email and phone conversations with them for easy reference.
To add a vendor to your shortlist, just click the (show icon) icon. You'll need to be logged in to use this feature but if you are not a member already, clicking on the icon will open a register window where you can register with one click.
To review your shortlist, add notes and prices, and record who you have booked for your wedding, just click on My Shortlist, which appears in the menu when you are logged in.
Register to enter weekly competitions, read the latest blog articles, and access the Shortlist.
Looking for some ‘first dance’ inspiration? Sam Browne from Auckland wedding band Blue Steel has created a top 5 list of the best first dance routines ever. Check it out and tag anyone who needs to see this in the comments!
Image by Perspectives Photo + Cinema
Ah, the first dance. Aside from the ceremony (of course), this is one of those truly magical, unforgettable moments on your wedding day, and one where you'll have the full attention of every guest. Three and a half minutes to shine. Some people go with a traditional waltz, some with a bit of a random boogie to a modern dance track, and some practice for months with their very own customised choreography.
Below we've compiled a list of some of the all time stand-outs - our picks of the best first dances ever.
5. This one starts off with a slow r’n’b jam before going in a totally different direction. It’s insanely long - the bride, groom and the entire wedding party must have put in months of rehearsal to pull it off!
4. A wedding dance that is truly magical. Things get really unbelievable at about 1.50.
3. A rather special wedding singer (who arrives at 1.40 if you want to skip to the good stuff!). Can you imagine if this person turned up to perform at your wedding?
2. A perfect rendition of the Dirty Dancing finale, including Johnny’s speech. The guy even has even managed to get his arms looking like Patrick Swazey's did in the movie. The dance starts at 2.18, and then THAT lift happens at 5.30.
1. This one is from 9 years ago (sorry about the resolution), before there was any such thing as a surprise wedding dance, and at the beginning you can see some of the guests wondering what the heck is going on (which makes it that much more fun!). This couple have obviously put a huge amount of time into this and their commitment to the job only makes it that much more epic.
Auckland Wedding Bands, DJs, soloists and so much more to add atmosphere and fun to your wedding. Check out...
When you meet with your wedding photographer to consider whether you’re a good fit for each other, there...
Does the band take requests? Do you have to provide them with dinner? Can the bride sing a song?
Today's post is about the importance of choosing professional hair and makeup services and the affect it will...